Thursday, June 23, 2011

so many diapers in such a short time...

Today was one of those days that I am grateful I washed diapers last night. This morning after my lil man slept 10 hours (woo hoo) I quickly got him out of his night time diaper  feeding him, and into a day time diaper which right now consists of a cover and a flat folded up inside. I had barely put the diaper on him when I heard it... that tell tale sound of poo filling that diaper.

Okay, no problem I thought, I  will just wait 5 minutes to make sure he is done. So I did, and I changed him into another diaper and sprayed off the the dirty diaper and we went back to play time. 10 minutes into 'play time' I heard that sound again! Yikes, so we waited again to make sure that this would be the end of it.... then onto diaper number 3. As we lay on the floor enjoying our toys and, 15 minutes later I heard that sound AGAIN!

I thought, 'HOLY COW KID!' is this even possible, you haven't done this since the first two weeks you were here! So on we went to the changing table yet again, for diaper number 4 and hope that it would stick.

Lo and behold, he was finished and ready to take his morning nap! Well as I thought about it, I was yet again glad I went the cloth route because I would just be throwing away more money from a day like today. There will be more to come and I know it won't be the last time I use 4 diapers in 30 minutes, but you know what? Who cares, a few extra diapers in the pail for wash day, no biggie!

No comments:

Post a Comment