Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Cloth Wipes?!?!? Uh...

Wait, hold on you want to use cloth wipes too? Or maybe you are wondering what the heck that is. Well if you decided to go cloth diapers then cloth wipes will be a super easy transition for you as well. The great part about cloth wipes is you can use pretty much anything you have to get started. Got some old t-shirts of dads? Those will work! How about some extra flannel print fabrics from your latest sewing adventure? That will do it too!
I on the other hand really didn't know what I wanted to what I was doing when I started so I bought mine. I originally was going to use disposable wipes, then two days into my cloth experience realized how silly it was and difficult to keep them separate and a waste of money so I bought some online.

I purchased some inexpensive flannel ones and some terry cloth ones for a little more cleaning action.
The wipes themselves are not big, really not bigger then a sposie wipe. I bought 30 flannel wipes and 10 terry cloth wipes. When diapering a newborn, believe me YOU WILL NEED THEM!

 Here are my wipes and my hand on top to show the size, the terry cloth are folded in half because that how they all fit on changing station.

 Here is my wipes case that is in my diaper bag. I just used a graco case (came with a bag I don't use) and fold my wipes in half and put them in. In the beginning I put dry wipes in there and carried a small bottle of wipe solution with me and wet them but soon realized it wasn't worth it. Now i wet down a handful of wipes in my solution before i head for the day and pop them in my case. I keep some dry ones in my bag to dry off my son's bottom if it happens to be a messy one that leaves him a little 'fresh' after clean up. I do keep sposies in my car and house just in case I forget or run out.

I love my cloth wipes and they make it super easy to clean up and keep my little guy fresh and happy and its hardly anything extra to add to the wash I already do. So really its no big deal.

What do you think? Interested in giving them a try?

No comments:

Post a Comment