Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The (glorious) Diaper Sprayer!

Why a diaper sprayer you may ask? Well if you don't have one, it is just plain harder to get the job done ;) I invested in my diaper sprayer from the get go and and am SO glad I did. I bought a Bum Genius one that is super easy to instal. Just hook it up to the current lines connected to your toilet and tada, MAGIC. Okay maybe not magic but the times I have traveled and didn't have my precious diaper sprayer I was seriously missing it. So what is it for you may ask, well it helps to get the lovely presents you little one leaves for you in their cute diapers off of them and into your toilet where is can be flushed. 
Where moms used to have to swirl, dip, shake and flush and hang on tight to get the majority of the poo off, you simply hold over toilet and spray it into the bowl and then flush! Easy Peasy.

Here is my diaper sprayer set up.
Planet Wise wet bag on the left to put dirty diapers in and sprayer on the right.

 I just wrap it over the bowl on the outer edge and hold onto a clean part of the diaper and then using my sprayer I angle it down and slightly into the water to 'push' the poo off the diaper and into the bowl. I will do this until its free of any solids and ready to be dropped into my diaper bag.

 See here, just drop that dirty baby into your bag, zip it closed and wash your hands and you are free to move on until wash day.

You don't have to buy a ready to go sprayer, I have 'heard' you can DIY from places like Home Depot and Lowes, but I have not done this and couldn't tell you how but from friends and heard it was pretty simple. Either way I know it was worth the investment because not only is it great for diapers, it is great for spraying food, throw up and dirty off of clothes. I have used it many times for things other then diapers ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment